Saturday, March 5, 2011

I want to learn about: Cuts of Meat


Whenever I go to the meat counter, I find myself overwhelmed with choices. I hate to ask the butcher to walk me through what I am looking at. I'd like to just walk up and know exactly what it is that I'm looking for. Just last night, I went downstairs to the deep freezer to get some steaks to fill with a mushroom stuffing. I had to open 4 and re-wrap/tape them because it wasn't what I wanted! I find cooking meat challenging right now. Really, it's simple once you get a few techniques and knowledge down, but I definitely need practice. Which is which? What part of the beef does this cut come from? What is the best way to cook it? The first thing I want to learn is the cut of beef and what it actually looks like. Then I will move on to ways to cook it. I have found the following website useful in determining the actual cuts.

Guides to Meat Cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment